Provincial Conference 2010
October 21st – 23rd, 2010
BCTELA’s annual conference brings together educators who are committed to teaching practices that respect and engage diverse learners. This year we feature sessions focusing on First Peoples literature and learning, social justice, and multiple ways of knowing.
Pre-registration for the conference has now closed. On site registration will occur on Friday morning before the conference.
- Thurs. Wine & Cheese and Friday – $195
- Thurs., Friday & Saturday – $275
- Saturday – $125
Reduced rate for pre-service teachers and TTOCS:
- Thurs. & Friday – $95
- Thurs., Friday & Saturday – $125
- Saturday – $50***
- Seating is limited for Thursday evening Wine & Cheese with Richard Wagamese, so register early to take advantage of this special event!
- Conference fee includes a one-year membership to BCTELA.
- Our cancellation policy: Cancellations may be made until Thursday, October 14th, 2010 (at 11 pm). After that date, a $60 non-refundable cancellation fee will be levied. The fee will be applied against membership in BCTELA for 2010 – 2011.
Conference at a Glance
Please download the fall 2010 conference brochure to read session descriptions.
|Thursday, Oct. 21st 7:00 – 8:30 pmWine and cheese with featured speaker Richard Wagamese (Performance Storytelling) Richard Wagamese is an enchanting storyteller. He will inspire us to reflect on the stories within and help us prepare for the many enriching opportunities the conference will present over the next two days. Join us in greeting our colleagues at this opening event.|
Friday, Oct. 22nd 9:00 – 3:15 pm
Choice of 22 sessions and plated lunch with Ruth Shagoury or Sharon Jeroski
Friday features engaging two-hour sessions with presenters from BC and beyond. Lunch-time speakers will inform, provoke, and inspire you during your plated lunch.
|Saturday, Oct. 23rd 9:00 – 3:00 pmChoice of 4 full-day themed institutes with a buffet lunchSaturday offers four fully-day institutes with some of the biggest names in literacy education. This is your opportunity to immerse yourself in a specific topic and come away with a deeper understanding of language arts education.|
The Conference will be held at the Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel. 3500 Cessna Drive, Richmond, BC V7B 1C7
If booking by phone, please quote block code “1010BCTE.” Ask for the BCTELA conference room rate of $135 (available until October 1st, 2010). Free hotel shuttle available from Vancouver International Airport.