Why read just one poem? Why not read a whole bunch of poems, and why not let those poems tell you a story?
Another way to promote and celebrate poetry is to explore novels in verse. Novels in verse are often written in short pieces of free verse–quick reads, but so good to go back through and dig deeper to really enjoy the gems of language viagra equivalent.
Here is a starter list of elementary-/ middle-level novels in verse:
- Love That Dog by Sharon Creech (& Hate That Cat)
- Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
- Addie on the Inside by James Howe
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanha Lai
- Libertad by Alma Fullerton
- Crazy Man by Pamela Porter
- Witness by Karen Hesse
- Zorgamazoo by Paul Weston (this one is different from those above in that it is one continuous poem, with meter and rhyme scheme. It is a fantastic read-aloud.)