This Sunday brings our first book club twitter chat about a work of fiction. Chatting about Medicine Walk will be a different experience from our previous chats about professional texts. As you finish the novel and prepare your thoughts for sharing, consider these prompts and provocations:
- How might stories have the power to heal, in both their telling and hearing?
- What is the relationship between land and place, and memory?
- Do the stories about our past need to come from our blood-relations?
- For whom is the “medicine walk,” really? Are there more multiple walks being taken?
- What other texts would you group with Medicine Walk?
- …and other thoughts or questions you have are most welcome
We are looking forward to meeting you online, or in person for those who will get together in preparation for the twitter chat.
In-person gathering: 9:30-11am, March 8th, Pleasant Beans coffee house, 39 Kingsway, Vancouver (attached to the Mount Pleasant Community Centre). Or there might be one in your community: ask around!
Twitter chat: 11am-12noon, March 8th, online, hashtag #bctelabook.